Thursday, November 20, 2014

November 10-14

So we were told that on the 17th the Amish would be siding the house, the insulators would be done, the septic would be going in, and the drywall would start. I began being hopeful that possibly by the week of Thanksgiving we might be in the basement. If this was possible, I had a lot to get figured out. So, I made some appointments to look at some finishing for the basement and other areas, so that when my builder said "Go" I would be ready to paint and tile the basement bedroom and bathroom.
Friday, Jen and I went to Junk and Jingle at the Fair Grounds, and met Dan's aunt Joy. I was hoping to find some fixtures for my home, but came out with a lantern and an ash bucket. Not that I could not have bought up several things I saw, but the priority right now is the staples of my home unfortunately, as I really have no place to put items. I did catch a picture of this amazing sled at the show.


The insulators had been busy working since Wednesday. It looks so different with the insulation in. 
Dan had taken part of the week off to hunt, turns out it was one of the coldest, windiest, weeks we seen so far this fall. He was disappointed. But the Amish were also working all week on putting on our metal gray roof and starting on the wall color, so he was glad he could be there to watch that. 



View of fireplace framing from loft



My kitchen will sit under the loft

Fireplace framing

View from greatroom down the back entry hall and towards the powder room

Base





Garage


Dan's tractor 

First glimpse of the red that will go on the barn with the gray steel roof



The cold has set in, and we are now suffering through one of the longest cold spells for a November in weather history. I must admit, I am getting a bit crabby. More on that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment