Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New beginnings

So I have st started to blog a couple of different times in the past with not much follow- up. I intend to change that this time, especially with the pictures I have people asking for. My husband Dan and I are in the process of building our new home. This has been filled with many ups and downs, but learning has taken place along the way. So this is where we being.
In early 2013 my husband and I were scouring everything and everywhere for a chunk of land to purchase and build on. We also would have looked at a home if it came with the right piece of land.
Our daughter had recently gotten engaged and she and her fiance, now husband Grant, had been contemplating buying our home of 25 years to make as their first home. So, if this was going to happen, we would need to find somewhere to go, but where?
Many of our evenings were spent scouring over real estate sites. we became very familiar with with a number of sites and chunks of land. I became very good at locating the location even without and exact address, and and we would ofter drive by them. We had looked at a chunk for quite a while. The pictures were terrible, and it was out of our price range for what it appeared to be, so we just did not really focus on it. For some reason though, every site we would go on, this one would jump out at us. One early spring day, Dan was getting particularly anxious about finding where we needed to be, and I suggested we take a drive, and drive by this location that kept appearing to us. It was just under 63 acres of timber, so a drive wouldn't hurt. Well, the pictures did not do the property justice, and we soon contacted the a realtor to ask about a walking through it. The place happened to be very close to where my husbands work supervisor lived, and he offered to walk through with us as he was somewhat familiar with the place. My husband and I fell in love with the place at this moment, and deep in my heart, I knew that this was the place God had for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment