Tuesday, October 21, 2014

For I know the plans I have for you

Jeremiah 29:11-13 New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

This passage of verses has found it's way to my mind many times on this journey called life. 
In late June we finalized plans with our builder. Since they were custom plans they had taken a bit longer.
 
Many of you have also asked about Jake. Jake finished school in May. He completed the diesel tech program at DMACC and earned his associates degree. Hi program was much more than just mechanical, which is why he continued in it. He took advanced welding, wiring and hydraulics classes as well, which fit in what he really wanted to do, because he had nothing to do with being  diesel tech, but rather to operate heavy equipment. In May a buddy of his told him about a company in Pleasant Hill, who was hiring. Miller the Driller had been bought out by Horizontal Boring Company, and they were now going by The Driller. So Jake started with them in May. He send us pictures like this occasionally. 
He spent most of the summer working out of state or far enough away in Iowa that he got used to Hotel life working 12+ hours a day, but it keeps him out of trouble and it has enabled him to get much more independent. He once told a college recruiter at our home that he wasn't sure about going away for college as he was not very good at "domestics" but now he does his own laundry, his own cooking, and dishes. He is totally domesticated..... 
Jake is college loan free. That is something big in this day and age. He has saved enough money to purchase a couple of toys. His company has a couple of projects they are working on closer to home for the winter, so he is enjoying an occasional hunt in Dad's new timber. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment