Monday, August 24, 2015

We got tile how bout you?



 May began to see many changes. The countertops, then the tile. Unfortunately for me, May happens to also be an incredibly busy time for me at work. In fact, from about April through November, I am usually jumping from one work project to the next with not a lot of time to breath. But it all must be done, so we just do. We have done much of the finish work ourselves, and had anticipated doing most of the tile ourselves, but decided to have our builders sub put in the tile instead. We had three differnt tiles chosen. One for the kitchen, one from my upstairs bathroom and then one that would be used in the mudroom, laundry room, powder-room and our main level master or guest bedroom.








 Hoping that it won't show dirt!! I had this tile picked last November.

I have always loved black and white, and have always wanted a classic black and white tile floor. When I told Dan this is what I wanted for my loft bathroom, which is referred to as "my" bathroom, he wasn't exactly game, but I assured him it would be awesome, and NO, these are not individual tiles that needed to be laid. they came on a mesh. 8 x 8 tile, but yes, they all had to be grouted in. 

Learning from the master 
Dan's grandpa, Earl Grant, had been a carpenter for many years. I am told he was a perfectionist. Some how, Dan inherited both his grandfathers desire to work with wood, and his attention to detail. Over the years he has learned much about stain and finish. So while getting a little help from daughter Jennifer and son in law Grant, my husband gave them a lesson on staining windows. So all in one day we got all the windows in the upstairs stained all at one time. 











No comments:

Post a Comment